Dr. Audrey Milburn loves people and is concerned about bringing healing, growth, and insight to them in a relational way. Audrey’s unique experiences of having grown up in East Africa give her a fresh perspective on individual and relationship issues that people find themselves stuck in. She hopes to offer understanding and skills to assist clients in overcoming problems or unhealthy patterns.
Audrey enjoys working with premarital couples, married couples, adolescents, missionaries, individuals in ministry, young adults, and parents. She is certified in Prepare and Enrich and The Couple Checkup, comprehensive assessment tools used in both premarital and marriage therapy, and is also certified in Gottman Couples Therapy. Her areas of experience and interest are depression, anxiety, acculturation issues, burnout, grief and loss, traumatic brain injury, fertility issues, early childhood, attachment, and family of origin issues, relationship issues, emotional regulation, and adjustment difficulties. She also loves teaching and is an adjunct professor for a Marital and Family Therapy program.
Areas of Focus
• Missionaries & Ministry Staff
• Anxiety and depression
• Couples counseling
• Emotion regulation
• Miscarriage and fertility issues
• Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
• Cultural differences/acculturation
• Premarital preparation
• Relationship issues
• Spiritual issues
• Individual Adults
• MA in Clinical Psychology from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
• PsyD in Clinical Psychology, Marital and Family Therapy specialization, from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology